Wednesday, August 30, 2006

That's Life

Wow, it's been over two weeks since my last post. A lot's been going on, so let's get to it!

- Jes, Vanessa and I painted two-thirds of my condo. It's already looking 100 times better. I should be able to finish it all up this weekend and post some before and after pictures (just for you, Michelle).

- Last weekend I went home for my town fair. Most of the weekend was spent in the beer garden with old friends and family. It was a lot of fun.

- Except for when I first got there, the first thing my mom said to me was, "Honey, I've got some bad news," which is never a good way to start things. My cousin and his seven-months'-pregnant wife lost their baby boy. They were so excited for this baby and it's just so sad that this happened to them.

- Then, my best friend from high school informed me that her 13-year-old niece had to have a 4-centimeter tumor removed from her brain the day before. She's doing okay considering, and they're hopeful that she'll have a full recovery.

- On the way back from home I nearly crashed my car on a busy Interstate. It was pouring rain and despite the fact that I was only going 45 mph I hit a slick spot and lost control. I nearly hit a wall and then I crossed over four lanes of traffic before doing a complete 360 and ending up back in my original lane. By some complete miracle I didn't hit anyone and no one hit me. I was really shaken up and pulled off the road for about 30 minutes so the rain would let up and I could recover a bit.

- Five minutes after recovering and getting back on the Interstate the rain completely stopped and I nearly saw a tornado drop from the sky. The black clouds were swirling and a funnel was forming but it dissipated as quickly as it formed. It was weird and I just wanted to get out of their as quickly (and as safely) as I could.

- Last night my department at work had the company suite at Busch Stadium and I took Erica with me. We lost miserably, but the great seats and the free food and booze made up for it. We had a great time.

Needless to say, my emotions have been all over the place lately. Sorry I haven't posted in a while - I'll try to do better.

1 comment:

Michelle de Seattle said...

Everyone is blogging about sickness and cancer lately. I guess September is the time for annual checkups?

I'm so sad about the baby.

I'm also very glad you weren't hurt during your "Duke boys" interstate driving adventure.

In our state we have a lot of accidents during "sun breaks". It's like Bizarro World here. "Oh look! A rainbow! !Crash!"

I'm so glad you decided to cover your whole apartment in brushed steel, black velvet, and "Hello Kitty" refrigerator magnets, just like I suggested. It's going to look so awesome!!!