Friday, September 22, 2006

Chapel of Love

In approximately twelve hours one of my bestest friends in the whole wide world will be getting married to one of my favoritest people in the whole wide world. Needless to say, this union makes me very happy. And since I won't be able to give a toast to the happy couple because I will break down in tears (I'm even crying as I type this), I thought I'd share my toast with you all.

Jes: Because you have made my friend so utterly happy I will forever be grateful to you. You have brought a light to his life that I have never seen in him before. You make me believe that my perfect someone is out there somewhere because I truly think you and Karl are soulmates, and boy is that nice to see. I'm so happy that you've not only become a part of Karl's life but a part of mine as well. Welcome to the "family."

Karl: You know how I feel about you. You are not just a friend to me, you are my brother in spirit. In the nine-plus years since you first asked if I'd like to tag along with you and a group of your friends for a trip to the drive-in theater, you have been there for me. I have always been able to count on you, whether it be for one of my yearly moves or for a shoulder to cry on. I am thrilled that you have found your true love and I am excited about the journey through life you two are getting ready to take together. It's really nice to see you so completely happy, and I know I have Jes to thank for that.

Congratulations to you two. I love you both.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Amen.